Vanner inc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet "Poochie", Vinvanco's 1961 Ford Econoline

2 posters

Go down

Meet "Poochie", Vinvanco's 1961 Ford Econoline Empty Meet "Poochie", Vinvanco's 1961 Ford Econoline

Post by poochie Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:13 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present "Poochie", a 1961 Ford Econoline van which came factory equipped with neither a passenger seat nor a glovebox door. Still wearing its original paint and hand-lettering from the sixties, "Poochie" served twenty-plus years as a delivery vehicle and was parked in a warehouse every night of its working life. At some point in the eighties, it was replaced by a new Econoline. It was summarily rolled into the Clements family's lake house garage, where it sat untouched, until it was given to me some three decades later. The van is named "Poochie", in honor of its original owner's nickname. Once we got "Poochie" home to Vinvanco World Headquarters, my son and I gave "Poochie" a deep cleaning and removed its engine, transmission and driveline before lowering it carefully onto a set of Cragar SS rims with BF Goodrich raised-letter tires. The plan is to leave the outer-body untouched, bruises and all, and to rebuild the entire drivetrain and suspension with modern components so that it sits and rides as close to the height of our mock-up as possible.

We've got a long way to go, but I think "Poochie" would approve. RIP, Earl Clements. Your van while ride again.

Meet "Poochie", Vinvanco's 1961 Ford Econoline Ford_v10

Last edited by poochie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

poochie

http://vinvanco.com houseospeed.com hotrodshiftknob.com

Back to top Go down

Meet "Poochie", Vinvanco's 1961 Ford Econoline Empty Re: Meet "Poochie", Vinvanco's 1961 Ford Econoline

Post by Vanny Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Keeping that original lettering and all it's little imperfections is a Great look!!! Poochie looks like it put in some hard work and deserves to show off the battle scars...Great story to go with it also!

Vanny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meet "Poochie", Vinvanco's 1961 Ford Econoline Empty Re: Meet "Poochie", Vinvanco's 1961 Ford Econoline

Post by poochie Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks, Vanny. If you go to the Vinvanco.com website you'll find a whole blog on "Poochie".

poochie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanny Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:54 am

I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the tip...

Vanny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poochie Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Enjoy!

poochie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down